Chef Cover Letter
Chef Cover Letter
Chefs develop dishes by using multiple cooking methods. Usual work activities listed on a Chef resume include controlling stocks, running kitchens, adhering to health and safety guidelines, preparing and presenting food, determining menu prices, coordinating kitchen staff, and maintaining kitchen equipment. During busy times Chefs need to effectively delegate work to other cooks and they are also responsible for supervising clean up.
Successful cover letter examples for Chefs put emphasis on the following skills:
- A passion for cooking
- Leadership and managerial skills
- Creativity needed for food presentation
- Teamwork and the ability to perform tasks under pressure
- Good knowledge of hygiene standards
- Effective communication and people skills
Similar qualifications appear in the Chef cover letter example available below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Chef Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Turturro:
With this letter and the attached resume, I would like to express my sincere interest in the Chef position you have available. As a highly accomplished and results-oriented chef with more than 17 years of experience directing food and beverage services for highly rated restaurants, I possess a wide range of knowledge and experience that will allow me to contribute toward the success of your establishment.
My expertise lies in successfully conceptualizing, developing, and implementing innovative menus to optimize guest satisfaction and retention while leading staff training initiatives and ensuring inventory and cost containment. Additionally, my established ability to prepare successful menus for special events positions me to make a significant contribution to your restaurant.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Propelling culinary excellence within prestigious restaurants, driving outstanding dining experiences while consistently surpassing guest and management expectations and adhering to any necessary dietary restrictions.
- Managing overarching kitchen responsibilities, including catering and special event management, event set-up, ordering and supply management, and food preparation and presentation.
- Earning commendation for culinary achievement and excellence while creating dynamic menus for discerning clientele; adept at utilizing fresh, organic, and in-season foods to optimize meal taste and quality.
- Acquiring a reputation as a collaborative team player and leader, able to forge and sustain excellent relationships with kitchen staff and head management.
- Demonstrating outstanding communication, organization, and team leadership abilities; fluent in Spanish.
My proven success in managing all aspects of kitchen operations and budgets, along with my comprehensive expertise in developing and managing innovative and refined menu fare, will contribute immensely to the success of Lion’s Head Fine Dining. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Loretta C. Cullins
476 Darcy Lane
Cob Coast QLD 4444
T: 0455 555 555
Cape Bay Road
Cape Bay QLD 4555
T: (07) 22 222 222
Re: Sous chef position, Waves restaurant
I am writing to apply for the position of sous chef at Waves restaurant, advertised in Chef magazine on the 12th October 2009.
I am a creative, enthusiastic, hardworking chef with a passion for food and lots of experience working in busy restaurants around the world. At the age of 16 I travelled to France and since then I have always known that being in a kitchen, preparing amazing food for others, is where I want to be.
After completing my apprenticeship in 2003, I worked in a number of Australian restaurants before moving to England, where I was employed for over two years as sous chef at a busy French restaurant. I am very efficient and it was here that I developed a much more productive system of food prep, which was commended by the chef de cuisine. I also gained experience in managing, staff rosters, pricing and ordering for a large establishment.
Over the years as a chef I have had professional experience in a range of restaurants and have culinary training and knowledge in a number of cuisines including French, modern Australian and seafood. I am extremely skilled at putting my own stamp on traditional dishes, creating new combinations and experimenting with new flavours while being careful not to compromise the freshness and originality of the food I prepare.
I am great at following orders and working as part of a team, but can also step up to the plate (no pun intended) to delegate and take charge when required. I believe my exceptional culinary expertise, positive outlook and absolute passion for this industry would make me the perfect sous chef for Waves restaurant.
I look forward to hearing from you and discussing my suitability for the position with you further.