Dissertation Domestic Violence
The purpose of this study was to explore womenâ s dual experiences of intimate partner violence (IPV) to examine whether their motivations fit the current framework on four types of IPV in light of Johnsonâ s typology, which includes: violent resistance (VR), situational couple violence (SCV), mutual violent combat (MVC), and intimate terrorism (IT) (Kelly and Johnson 2008). I applied these types of IPV to describe womenâ s physical aggression, control, and emotional responses experienced and performed during IPV. Johnsonâ s typology classified six of 10 participant experiences; to describe the remaining four, I applied blended types of IPV. Findings in this study indicated that VR and SCV overlooked womenâ s use of controlling physical aggression; this study identified alternative concepts and additional dimensions of control and resistance, and introduced tempered violence resistance (TVR), a new IPV type to describe womenâ s use of controlling physical aggression during protective violence. Correspondingly, findings also indicated that interpretations of physical aggression and control in MVC and IT did not consider wide-ranging degrees of control such as self-control, situational control, and partner control. Hence, distinctions between SCV or MVC and MVC or IT were limited by vague interpretations of control. Furthermore, VR, MVC, and IT did not fully describe womenâ s emotional responses. These types of violence focused solely on the context of physical aggression and control, which minimized perceptions of conflict and omitted reported samples of motivations. Forthcoming studies applying Johnsonâ s typology should include external contexts of relationship conflict and consider multiple types control and dimensions of resistance.
List Of Off-Beat Dissertation Ideas On Domestic Violence
Domestic violence is a vice that a lot of us might have already come across from time to time. These are challenges that people go through from time to time, and it would be awesome if you learned a thing or two on how to deal with them. When you are in a class situation, topics like this can easily earn you more marks, because of your perspective as you try to write a good paper. It takes a lot of research and insight for you to be in a good position to present the paper you need to the best of your knowledge, and for the same reason, you can easily get quick help from this resource.
More often, you score good grades from the moment your teacher sees the topic that you have chosen for this paper. Because of the same reason, herein are some good titles that you can think about, which will help you write a good paper on domestic violence:
- Discuss the impact that domestic violence has on the kids in the family
- Explain the concept of domestic violence as a federal crime and how this can cause negative impact on the society
- Discuss some of the reasons that propagate the widespread nature of domestic violence
- Explain some of the important tips that can be used to help reduce the incidences of domestic violence in the society
- Discuss domestic violence from the concept of batter women syndrome
- Clearly elaborate the different forms of domestic violence that have manifested in the society
- Explain the human rights challenge that is associated with rape towards men and female domestic violence
- Discuss the plight of men who suffer domestic violence from time to time, and the perception that the society has of them
- Explain some of the main reasons why most victims of domestic violence tend to suffer in silence instead of speaking out to be heard
- Discuss how normal institutions are failing the society with respect to managing the cases of domestic violence
- Discuss the role of the police system in making sure that propagators of domestic violence do not get to repeat the traumatic actions that cause havoc in the lives of their victims
- Discuss some of the possible early experiences that students who are victims of domestic violence have to deal with from time to time.