Ey International Assignment Consultant
Advisory careers: helping clients to grow, improve, protect and innovate their businesses
Every day, everyone at EY is part of building a better working world — for their clients, their families, their communities and themselves. Advisory builds a better working world by strengthening industries, improving businesses and by building trust and confidence in the capital markets. Everything we do — every process we help improve, every risk we identify, every interaction with a client or colleague — contributes to making the working world better than it was.
Nearly 33,000 EY consultants globally find ways to help clients respond to the outside forces that are fundamentally, and permanently, reshaping their worlds. We help them assess and protect their organization, grow revenues, improve processes and innovate their businesses. We do this through a sharp focus on leadership, alignment, execution and adoption.
We focus on helping our clients in three distinct areas:
- We help clients develop strategies to drive transformational change. We provide strategy through execution. We help define business strategy for our clients and bring those strategies to life, realizing actual value to achieve new levels of business performance.
- We help clients improve their business processes to drive business outcomes. We help finance functions keep pace with evolving business priorities; sales and marketing teams attract and retain valuable customer relationships; internal audit functions become more relevant to the business, and supply chains deliver lower costs, more revenue and better shareholder value.
- We help to design and implement the technologies that drive business performance. We help our clients make sense of all of the existing and emerging technologies available and enable them to use it to their advantage.
As a member of one of Advisory’s highest performing teams you will work collaboratively on challenging projects that enable you to have a real economic impact for our clients and communities — and your career. Our integrated, issues-based approach to service delivery means your work will span all types of clients dealing with complex issues across a wide range of industries.
We are looking for professionals in a number of areas. Explore the tabs to learn more!
Our clients are always seeking to improve their performance — and sustain it. Advisory’s Performance Improvement sub-service line competency is structured around a number of key competencies service offerings — finance, supply chain, customer and IT transformation — as well as three enabling competencies — strategy, program management and people and organization.
Our finance teams help clients: transform their operating models; design and manage outsourcing, offshoring and shared service arrangements; design and implement financial systems; and work with enterprise cost management systems.
We help our clients: understand the health of their supply chains using data analytics; transform their global supply chains; improve supply chains in emerging markets; and work with our sustainability teams to integrate environmental, sustainable and low carbon aspects into end-to-end supply chains.
We understand the need for clients to attract, retain and grow their most valuable customer relationships. We help them do that by developing market and customer strategies; using customer analytics to anticipate customer needs; developing pricing, promotion and channel strategies; and helping them improve marketing and sales performance.
Technology is changing at a ferocious pace. That pace is creating uncharted risks that make navigating today’s IT environment more challenging. Our IT professionals help clients with IT strategy and governance architecture and infrastructure design, sourcing approaches, IT process and cost optimization, and emerging technologies.
Enterprise intelligence applies analytic insight, enterprise planning and world-class monitoring to help businesses achieve their objectives faster. Using enterprise intelligence, we help clients enhance their enterprise IQ by enabling them to manage performance, risk and quality drivers at a process level.
Using enabling technologies, our consultants help clients to connect their utility systems to mobile, cloud and analytic enablement systems. We also help our client select, design and optimize social platforms.
Our strategy professionals help clients define and plan effective execution of their strategic direction and vision. We advise client executives on how to translate corporate strategy and business insight into change. We can do this for the client’s entire organization or functions within it.
Our program management professionals help clients assess and manage large-scale programs. We help clients to deliver projects on time, within budget and to the highest level of quality.
Many organizations have invested heavily in personnel, processes and technology to better manage their risk. But these investments often do not address the more strategic business risk areas. To successfully turn risk into results, we help our clients become more effective at managing scarce resources, making better decisions and reducing the client’s exposure to negative events.
EY has an integrated approach to all aspects of organizational risk. We are the market leader in internal audit and financial risk and controls. We offer services in areas such as risk consulting, risk analytics and risk technologies to stay ahead of our competition. We deliver IT controls services focused on the design, implementation and rationalization of controls that potentially reduce the risks in our clients' applications, infrastructure and data. We also place a significant emphasis on information security, where EY is an acknowledged leader in mobile technology, social media and cloud computing.
Specifically, we help our clients in the areas of:
- Risk transformation. Using our proprietary methodology, our risk professionals help clients enhance their risk strategy, embed an enterprise approach to risk management, optimize risk management functions, and improve controls and processes — to turn risk into results.
- Internal audit. Internal audit functions need to act now to remain relevant — or be left behind. Our internal audit professionals help clients align their internal audit strategy to the broader business strategy, conduct assessments and diagnostics, develop and execute internal audit transformations, and deliver outsourcing or co-sourcing services.
- Process controls. Increased reporting requirements have forced internal controls functions to do more — with less. Our professionals help clients conduct internal controls diagnostics, perform internal controls transformations and risk remediation, and deliver internal controls testing outsourcing or co-sourcing services.
- Technology risk and security. The notion that any organization can be 100% secure is unrealistic in today’s hyper-connected, borderless world. Our cybersecurity professionals help clients protect themselves against cyber attacks by conducting security capability and solutions assessments, delivering information security transformation, designing and implementing GRC technology solutions, performing program risk management, and delivering IT assurance.
As a risk professional, you’ll work with multinational businesses and public sector organizations. As an integral member of a multidisciplinary team, you'll deliver leading-class internal audit and risk engagements that help major global clients transform and sustain business performance.
Through 16 global EY industry centers, we are also able to apply an industry lens and share relevant industry insights that help our clients address their business issues and identify opportunities for improvement.
For our people, it means the opportunity to specialize — to gain deep knowledge and insights in a sector, and take advantage of international assignments.
Our core Advisory Services focus specifically on four sectors:
With decades of experience working with many of the world’s leading global consumer products companies, our consultants help clients address today’s complex issues. We use our deep understanding of the economic, social and environmental nuances of the industry to help clients navigate marketplace consolidation, margin squeeze, rising commodity prices, entry into new markets and regulatory requirements.
Our consultants draw on their broad experience and deep knowledge of the health care industry to help clients transform health care, improve operations, manage health care costs and navigate changing regulation in a rapidly changing industry.
In the last 12 months, our teams have worked with 90% of the leading global life sciences companies. Our life sciences Advisory professionals help our clients solve issues with a patient-centric view. Through this lens our consultants provide R&D improvement, clinical transformation, manufacturing and supply chain, and health care delivery transformation services.
Power & Utilities
Our Advisory Services professionals help power and utilities clients execute enterprise-wide transformation initiatives across the entire value chain. From generation to trading to smart grid networks to changing customer behavior, our teams are there to help.
To see some of the issues and insights we address with our priority sector clients, please visit www.ey.com/lets_talk.
Financial Advisory Services
EY also has an industry-focused service — Financial Advisory Services — that operates within our Financial Services Office, or the FSO. We are the only public accounting firm with a separate practice dedicated to serving the financial services marketplace, which makes us pretty unique. Within Financial Advisory Services, our teams focus in two areas:
Financial Services Risk Management (FSRM)
Our FSRM teams provide integrated risk management advisory services to leading asset management, banking, capital markets and insurance clients. They help clients identify, measure, manage and monitor the market/liquidity, credit, operational, and regulatory risks associated with their trading, asset-liability management, capital management, prudential regulatory requirements and other capital markets activities.
Financial Services Performance Improvement (FSPI)
Our FSPI teams work directly with clients to advise on finance strategy, finance operations, organizational design and development, finance operations process effectiveness, finance and operations systems effectiveness, management information, decision support and customer experience. Our goal is to support our clients' efforts to make their business units more effective and efficient and, where required, provide services in connection with the remediation and mitigation of process risk.
As our brand in the market continues to grow, EY is increasingly recognized for our Advisory Services — by analysts, the media and our clients. Here are just a few examples of the recognition our member firms have received.
- Association of Management Consulting Firms has presented EY firms with ten awards (2012 -2014)
- Consulting magazine has named three EY consultants as Women Leaders in Consulting (2011-2013). Consulting magazine has recognized three EY consultants on their list of the Top 25 Consultants (2011-2013). Consulting magazine named EY as one of the best companies to work for (2011).
- IDC named us as a MarketScape leader in Americas business consulting services (Source: IDC MarketScape, “IDC MarketScape: Americas Business Consulting Services 2014 Vendor Assessment,” doc #246639, February 2014)
- Forrester named us a leader in information security and risk consulting (Source: The Forrester Wave™, “Information Security Consulting Services, Q1 2013, Forrester Research, Inc.)
- We received the highest possible rating — strong positive — in Gartner’s MarketScope for Global Risk Management Consulting Services Report (Source: Gartner MarketScope for Global Risk Management Consulting Services, 20 August, 2013, ID: G00246276)
- Gartner recognized us as one of the 20 leading companies in SAP programs in North America (Source: Gartner, “Magic Quadrant for SAP Implementation Service Providers, North America,” 12 July 2012. Reproduced under license.) Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- IDC MarketScape named us a leader in worldwide GRC consulting services (Source: IDC MarketScape, “Worldwide Business Consulting Services for Governance, Risk and Compliance 2013 Vendor Analysis,” doc #242352, August 2013.)
- Kennedy has identified us as the number one finance consulting organization in North America by revenue, and the second-largest global banking consulting provider by revenues (Sources: Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory “Finance Management Consulting Marketplace 2011-2014,” © Kennedy Information, LLC, reproduced under license; Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory, "Consulting to the Banking Sector 2012-2015," © Kennedy Information, LLC. Reproduced under license.)
- Kennedy has ranked us as the leading insurance industry consulting provider globally by revenue for the second year (Source: Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory, "Consulting to the Insurance Sector - Channel Optimization and the Customer Experience," © Kennedy Information, LLC. Reproduced under license.)
- IDC named us as a MarketScape leader in worldwide life sciences sales and marketing strategic consulting services (Source: IDC MarketScape, “IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Life Science Sales and Marketing Strategic Consulting 2013 Vendor Assessment,” doc #HI244309, November 2013)
- IDC named us as a MarketScape leader in worldwide life sciences manufacturing and supply chain strategic consulting services (Source: IDC MarketScape, “IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Life Science Manufacturing and Supply Chain Strategic Consulting 2013,” doc #HI244494, November 2013.)
- Kennedy has named us as a Vanguard leader in private health care consulting (Source: Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory “Consulting to Private Healthcare Payers and Providers.” © Kennedy Information, LLC. Reproduced under license.)
- We were rated a Kennedy Vanguard Leader in Risk Consulting to Healthcare Sectors (including Life Sciences) (Source: Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory “Risk Consulting to Healthcare Sectors” © Kennedy Information, LLC. Reproduced under license.)
- Kennedy has named us as a Vanguard leader in financial risk advisory providers (Source: Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory “Financial Risk & Controls Advisory.” © Kennedy Information, LLC. Reproduced under license.)
- Operations Risk & Regulation magazine has recognized us as best overall consultancy for four years running
Top 25 Consultant profiles:
Women Leaders in Consulting profiles
- EY Americas Advisory Services Leader Bob Patton talks to Consulting magazine about EY’s Advisory journey in the last five years.
- EY Global Advisory Services Leader Norman Lonergan offers his outlook for 2014, along with a number of other high-profile industry professionals in Consulting magazine’s January 2014 issue: 2014 Executive Outlook: Greener Pastures, Sunnier Skies.
- EY Americas Internal Audit Leader Brian Schwartz offers his insights into the findings of EY’s recent report, The future of Internal Audit is now in an article titled “Internal Audit’s Approach to Risk Needs Upgrading” for CFO magazine.
- In The Wall Street Journal, David Nichols, EY Americas IT Advisory Leader, contributes a guest column, "CIOs Scale Back Outsourcing, Favor the Cloud," based on his recent 5 series article, Creating an effective hybrid IT model.
- In the Harvard Business Review online, EY Americas Risk Leader Michael Herrinton provides his insights on mature risk management practices in a byline, "How Mature is Your Risk Management?," based on EY's report, Turning risk into results.
- In CRM magazine’s January issue, EY Global and EY Americas Customer Leader Woody Driggs offers his insights in an article titled "Risk-Proof Your CRM System" that examines key ways to safeguard expensive CRM investments from failure.
- In an InformationWeek article titled "Analytic Portfolios Beat Silos Of Insight" EY Americas Enterprise Intelligence Leader Andy Rusnak provides his point of view on the importance of a collaborative approach to developing analytic assets and sharing valuable data across the enterprise.
- In Security magazine, EY Americas Advisory Services Partner Terry Jost provides practical steps to avoid becoming a remote risk to your company during holiday vacations in "10 Ways to Secure Enterprise Data Over the Holiday Season."
People Advisory Services
As the world continues to change due to globalization and developments in demographics, technology and regulation, organizations need adapt and flex. They need their people to be agile and respond to that change.
People Advisory Services (PAS) helps organizations solve some of their largest and most complex people-related challenges. As a PAS professional, you will be able to grow and build your skills in one of our six pillars:
Our Performance team helps organizations effectively manage change and organizational design. We support the design of HR operating models, improve HR process efficiency, manage people risk and integrate transactions effectively. Our core capabilities are:
- Organizational change management
- Organizational design
- HR operating and delivery model
- HR process efficiency and policy
Our Talent team helps organizations develop data-supported workforce strategies and employee value propositions. We advise on talent management, people risk and capability development across all levels and organizational development activities including culture change. Our core capabilities are:
- Workforce strategy
- Capability development
- Talent management
- Organizational development
- People risk management
Our Systems team helps organizations develop HR technical strategies, facilitate vendor selection, and implement HR systems to support broader business initiatives. We work to improve and reduce the costs and risks of payroll operations and delivery. Our core capabilities are:
- HR technology
Our Reward team helps organizations develop relevant and flexible tax-compliant remuneration, benefit and incentive approaches. Our core capabilities are:
- Board and executive remuneration
- Broad based remuneration
- Employment law
Our Mobility team helps organizations develop and support their mobility programs. We help them manage the complex compliance, reporting and risks inherent in deploying a globally mobile workforce. Our core capabilities are:
- Mobility tax
- Global immigration
- Assignment services
- International social security
Analytics and Insight
Analytics and Insight helps organizations use their people data to improve business performance, drive better business decisions and proactively manage risk. Our core capabilities are:
- Modelling and reporting
- Workforce and costings
- Qualitative analytics
From teaming with EY people across the US or around the world without ever leaving home to leveraging your skills on a short-term assignment in Latin America as a Corporate Responsibility Fellow to taking yourself completely out of your comfort zone by living and working abroad for an extended period of time, you can apply your skills and experience across geographies (both nationally and internationally), service lines and industries. In doing so, you will benefit from sharing technical and industry insights with others while building your professional network and expanding your knowledge, skills and cross-cultural awareness.
Learn more about the following selection of mobility programs and opportunities, where rotations typically range from 18-36 months, and see how you can enrich your career and achieve your potential.
Capital Markets Centers
You might consider serving in one of our Capital Markets Centers around the world, which provide seamless, world-class service to clients involved in cross-border capital markets transactions. For example, you could assist clients in Paris or Hong Kong with SEC or other US regulatory filings.
Domestic service line residencies
We offer rotations to various US national service line technical, quality, knowledge and infrastructure groups. All will allow you to obtain diverse experience and to develop strong and deep technical expertise while working alongside subject matter professionals.
Global Exchange Program
As a high-performing senior or manager, you can broaden your technical and/or industry skills while working abroad for 18-24 months. You will exchange knowledge and leading practice with new colleagues as part of a local team, while learning more about our global organization, expanding your professional network and bringing new perspectives to your work. Not to mention experiencing new cultures: living in another country for a substantial period of time helps you grow more both personally and professionally than you can ever imagine.
Global Exchange Program opportunities are available to professionals with strong technical skills and industry knowledge in our Assurance, Advisory, Tax or TAS service lines.
Industry Bench Program
Our Global Industry Centers serve as virtual hubs for sharing and developing industry-focused knowledge and experience. Rotational opportunities both within the US and around the world enable you to share your deep industry expertise. These Centers are dedicated to bringing insights to clients, sponsoring dialogue among industry stakeholders and linking our client service professionals to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing. Our commitment of resources to these Centers means that we can anticipate market trends, identify implications and develop clear points of view on relevant industry issues for our clients.
International Tax Desks
The International Tax Desks are one of the most important differentiators for EY in the international tax arena. Our Tax Desks are located in strategic global locations, in both established and emerging markets, and US tax professionals currently serve in some 20 of these locations. Working closely with subject matter professionals from other countries in a Desk cluster helps you broaden your knowledge and perspective while offering comprehensive advice to your clients.
Strategic Global Client Assignments
Our largest global accounts demand seamless service wherever in the world they operate. To provide these capabilities, we offer account-related rotations to and from our clients’ headquarter countries. Not only do our clients benefit from the diversity of thought and experience our rotators bring, our people grow skills and build relationships during their 18-36 month assignments.
Video: Working in the global marketplace
Having a global mindset is a requisite skill for developing inclusive leaders and a key enabler for global business success. Our "Working in the global marketplace" video highlights how we help our people obtain and develop a global mindset, regardless of their location.