Unsolicited Cover Letter Marketing Samples
Entry Level Marketing Cover Letter Sample
Are you interested in making marketing your career? When applying for your first position in marketing, make sure to include in your cover letter any previous experience that highlights your related skills and abilities, and builds upon your resume.
The following is a sample cover letter for an entry level marketing position. Use this example as a guide and makes adjustments based on your qualifications to fit the position you are applying to.
Tips for Writing a Marketing Cover Letter
- Include related experience: In the body of your letter, include any experiences that are related to the job you’re applying for. Even if you have never had a marketing job, include experiences where you demonstrated skills and abilities required for the job.
- Use specific examples: You want your cover letter to expand upon your resume. One way to make your cover letter stand out is to provide specific examples of times you demonstrated skills or qualities needed for the job. Examples prove that you have what it takes to do the job well.
- Use keywords: Look for keywords in the job description – words that emphasize the skills or qualities needed for the job. Include some of these keywords in your cover letter.
- Begin with a sample or template: A cover letter sample or template can help you decide what information to include, and how to format your cover letter. However, when you use a sample or template, be sure to change the information to fit the job you are applying for.
- Use business letter format: Use the official business letter format when writing your letter. You want this letter to be professional.
- Edit, edit, edit: Be sure to thoroughly proofread your cover letter. You want your letter to be polished and professional so that you make a strong first impression.
Cover Letter Example - Entry Level Marketing
City, State, Zip Code
Cell Phone Number
City, State, Zip Code
Dear Mr./Ms. LastName,
I am very interested in the open marketing position with ABC Marketing Group. I believe that my education and employment experiences make me an ideal candidate for the position.
During my tenure at XYZ College, I developed a passion for marketing and public relations. I have sought out multiple opportunities to develop my marketing skills. For example, last summer, I interned at the National Sculpture Society in New York City. My position entailed developing web pages and slideshows publicizing the success of the society's artists. I was able to utilize my web authoring skills to assist the organization in their goal to promote sculpture.
As an assistant at XYZ College’s career services office, I am responsible for updating information on alumni, career advisors, and companies who publicize internships with our office. This involves heavy calling during my shifts at the office. In addition to calling, I also email clientele. This calls for me to employ interpersonal skills to communicate with clients effectively. Due to my strong communication skills, I have been given even more responsibilities. For example, I now publicize all career services events via multiple social media platforms.
I believe that my experiences in marketing and my interpersonal skills make me a prime candidate for this position. I am a diligent worker, and passionate about my work. I will be a valuable asset to your company and will use this as an opportunity to grow and further the development of my marketing skill set.
Thank you very much for considering my application for candidacy. I will follow up within a week to confirm that all of my materials were received and hopefully set up an interview time.
Your Signature (written letter)
Sending an Email Cover Letter
If you're sending your cover letter via email, list your name and the job title in the subject line of the email message:
Subject: Marketing Position - Your Name
Include your contact information in your email signature, and don't list the employer contact information.
Sample cover letter for a marketing manager
The best way to market yourself is with a top notch cover letter.
Use your marketing skills on your best client: you.
Are you an ace when it comes to marketing products and services, but stuck when promoting yourself for marketing manager jobs? Get inspiration by viewing this marketing cover letter sample below.
If you need additional writing tips, join Monster today, so the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service can help you impress employers with a high-impact resume for jobs in marketing.
15 Park Way
Sometown, CA 55555
Home: 555-555-5555 | Cell: 444-444-4444
Available to Relocate
Feb. 28, 2017
Ms. Janet Ramos
1515 Market St.
Sometown, CA 55555
Re: Marketing manager position advertised on Monster.com
Dear Ms. Ramos:
I read your advertisement for a marketing manager with great interest. If you are seeking to augment your leadership team with an experienced and accomplished marketing professional known for breakthrough results, please consider my enclosed resume.
As JKL Company’s marketing manager since 2015, I direct all phases of both the creative and technical elements of marketing initiatives including data mining, brand creation, print/Web collateral development, lead generation, channel partner cultivation, customer segmentation/profiling, as well as CRM and acquisition strategies.
Perhaps most importantly, I offer a history of proven results, as evidenced by the following marketing accomplishments for my current employer:
- Captured a 28% expansion in customer base since 2015, achieved during a period of overall decline in the retail industry.
- Led national marketing campaign (comprised of trade show, media and PR initiatives) of company’s newly launched technology services division.
- Developed and executed SEO strategy that achieved and sustained top 3 rankings on Google and Bing (organic, nonpaid results) for key product search terms.
- Oversaw creation of new company logo and rebranded 100+ products to cement a cohesive corporate identity and support new company direction.
Given the opportunity, I’m confident in my ability to achieve similar groundbreaking marketing results for XYZ Company.
Ms. Ramos, I would welcome the chance to discuss your marketing objectives and ways I can help you attain them. Feel free to call me at 555-555-5555 to arrange a meeting. I look forward to speaking with you.
See all sample cover letters on Monster.